Thursday, November 15, 2012

AGAIN.

You know what would be awesome? If people who moved into my building actually knew their address. Alternatively, it would be awesome if the utility companies did anything at all to verify that they have the correct address before closing someone's account.

I got a "final bill" today from my electric company. I did not at any point cancel my service and I enjoy having electricity as it is hard to power a laptop with hamsters on wheels and I have a blog to write, so I did something that I absolutely dread and phoned the electric company to find out what the hell was going on. Thing is though, I already knew what was going on. Someone new moved into my building and called to set up their service, but didn't quite know what unit number to use and ended up giving them mine. Then the electric company cancelled my account despite my not calling to say I was moving because hey! Why double check that? The reason I know this is what happened is because this is the THIRD TIME. The last time it happened I not only had to call, argue with, and eventually go through the hassle of setting up a new account (for whatever reason if they close your account by accident they can't just reopen it, you have to get a whole new account number, and then re-set up any electronic bill delivery or payment you had going on before which takes a month or two to kick in, it is SUPER CONVENIENT), but I also spent several months arguing with the post office because they stopped delivering my mail, which I eventually solved not because of anything they did to help me but because I outsmarted them.

So far my gas bill appears to be fine, but I will be watching my mailbox like a hawk for the next few days because I ordered a shit ton of Christmas presents that I need before the end of the month or I will not be a happy bunny.

In completely unrelated news, I have just recorded a video with my outtake notes from the first three chapters and have sent it to StereoNinja who will hopefully make my aimless ranting into some kind of coherent order worthy of the internets.

No comments: