Friday, August 19, 2005

Not Feeling It Today

Today marks 13 years since I lost my mom to cancer. I wrote a whole thing about it over on MySpace, but I'm not really in the mood to talk about it anymore. I will say here what I said there:

Do me a huge favor and go hug your mom or call her and tell her that you love her. Because you can. You never know how much of a luxury that is until you lose it.

Sorry I'm not a barrel of monkeys today. I'll return you to your regularly scheduled nonsense tomorrow.
(P.S. Spell check wants to replace "MySpace" with "mishaps" which I think is a great idea.)

5 comments:

mrsteve said...

Sorry to hear you are down about your Mother's passing. You are quite right about not appreciating people until they are gone, and regretting it so much later. Reminds me that I need to make some phone calls this weekend...

Of course, if you need a small snicker, just say to yourself "Captain Indignant's Fortress of Peevishness" and you might even catch yourself chuckling a little.

- S

amberance said...

Even after I got home last night I still could not stop laughing at that name. I am so jealous of not thinking of it first.

amberance said...

Oh and also, I dressed in all black today, because I was sad, and pulled my hair back in a ponytail. It wasn't until about half an hour ago when I was in the bathroom that I realized I look exactly like Deiter from Sprockets. So that made me laugh.

We will dance now.

mrsteve said...

Ve vill danse now!

David said...

Touch my monkey.

Sorry couldn't pass that up.

I am sorry about your mom, I hope the sadness get less. Today is my Mom's birthday so I will give her a double hug.

DAVE