Monday, November 04, 2013

Delay

Something completely awesome happened last night that I can't wait to tell you about it, but it's not happening today because TODAY my stuff is here.

It took two and a half months for my things to get here. None of it was of particular importance, but it left me wondering what happens to people who do ship things like furniture and appliances. Do they live in a hotel for months? Eat take out every night? Turn tricks on the street in exchange for food and shelter?

I say my things weren't of particular importance. What I mean is not of particular importance to a sane person. They are of massive importance to me, mainly because 75% of the things I shipped are Christmas decorations AND I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM. (this was after paring down my Christmas decorations by more than half because I had no idea where I was going to put all of it. I might have a problem.) SO right now there's a pile of boxes in my kitchen mostly filled with Christmas decorations and I am gleefully opening them and looking at my stuff instead of telling you about the insanity that went down at the party I was at last night. SHUT UP IT'S SPARKLY.

Oh, I also found 50 Shades Freed in there, so I'll be finishing up that review, probably all in one post, as soon as I turn in my paper for class in a couple weeks, because holy shit grad school is a lot of work.

3 comments:

Mark I. said...

"...what happens to people who do ship things like furniture and appliances."

My family moved many times when I was a child, including moving between the UK and the US three times*. What we did was stay with family, stay in hotels, stay in furnished rentals, and learned to cook in a microwave. Microwave cake is surprisingly light and fluffy, even if it is a little weird tasting.

*An important lesson, you have to pay import duty on liquor when you bring liquor into a country even if you originally bought it in that country and are now bringing it back.

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

Yay, Christmas!

Also yay for the end of the 50 Shades review. I've missed those. I may have to go back and binge on all of them in a row.

Jen said...

Just moved from Scotland to Canada and our shipment took just over 11 weeks to get here. And like you it’s all the wee things that I was pleased to see – my blue glass head made it over unbroken!