Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Bit Of Housekeeping

The reason there hasn't been a Fifty Shades post since last week is due to a combination of having been extremely busy at work, and the fact that Comcast broke my internet the other day and are not planning to even try to fix it until Thursday. I expect to have it up tomorrow. In the meantime, please enjoy this clip from Cartoon Planet, which plays in my head every single time Ana talks about how much she wants to touch Christian.

By the way, today I booked a trip to visit H-Town live and in person three weeks from now. While there appears to be evidence of us being funny together online, there are hundreds of anecdotes and memories indicating that we are much funnier when we are together in person. For this reason I am taking a notebook and a video camera with me, so expect hilarity to ensue.

My cousin complained in the comments the other day that all I ever talk about is this book and I never blog about my hilarious life any more. I just wanted to point out that this isn't true. It only seems that way because the Fifty Shades posts are more frequent than the posts about my screwy little world have ever been and because nothing hilarious is happening to me right now. The last interesting thing that happened was the student burlesque show which I did write about. Since then I have gone about my normal life without anything weird happening, and no one wants to read posts that go "I participated in my usual dance class and didn't fall over or poke myself in the eye, and then dropped off my laundry without any complications." Trust me, when something worth writing about happens in my life you will know about it. As it is, the most exciting thing that has happened this week is that I booked a hotel room in Hitchin that actually has a mini fridge, which means I can keep cheese in my room, and extra milk for my tea. There is never enough milk for tea in hotel rooms when I come over, which I find confusing and irritating. It's time you started living up to the stereotype, England - I need enough milk in my room to be able to drink tea ALL DAY LONG.




12 comments:

Unknown said...

I expect to have it up tomorrow.

Reminds me of my first time.

Wait, did I do that right?

Romi said...

Love the clip! Gotta love Comcast, extremely concerned about customer satisfaction I see.

On the edge of me seat....just waiting.....:)

Hannah said...

Sorry to ruin the stereotype but I'm English and can't stand tea - my first thought at the mention of a mini fridge was "Mmmmmm, cold lager." Hmm, okay, maybe living up the stereotype of us being a nation of drunks.

amberance said...

Hannah - You seem to be an anomoly. I can't walk into any of my mate's flats without immediately being offered tea, which works for me since I've been a tea drinker from 5 years old. Do you like coffee? Because I hate coffee which is very unamerican of me. Would you like to trade homes? We have brilliant Mexican food here. ;)

Ros said...

You're in Hitchin? I live near Cambridge. If you have any urge to go there I'd be happy to show you around (IF it stops raining)! Tweet me a private message at @rozziebroon if any interest ...

Hannah said...

Yes, I think we probably should trade homes as I could quite happily live on coffee and Mexican food. I don't think you'd get the good side of the deal though - it wouldn't be fair to inflict Essex on anyone, even for all the tea they could possibly drink.

amberance said...

Yeah, but I WOULD get a Sunday roast every week. It's the real reason I come over there, shhh, don't tell my friends :)

Hannah said...

Mmmmmm, yorkshire puddings.
I'd gladly pay you for your commentary on 50 shades of shite in roast dinners :-)

amberance said...

Sold! I'll bring you real coffee if you want, I don't understand those instant crystals everyone has at home.

monogodo said...

I don't like coffee, either.

Or ketchup.

monogodo said...

Crap, now I've commented as two different IDs in this post.

amberance said...

I don't like ketchup either! Also hot dogs. Also fries. Now that I think about it I'm pretty much the worst American ever.

Also, if you hadn't said that, I probably would have been the only one who noticed :)