Friday, March 08, 2013

50 Shades Meet Up And Why This Post Is Not About France

Hello everyone! I'm just back from France today, and I absolutely owe you a post about snails, art museum shenanigans, and a mariachi band. However this post is just a short one in order to update everyone who is not on the email list about the 50 Shades party game meet up happening this Sunday evening. I was absolutely planning to post my France recap (entitled "Is This Snails?" because I had decided that probably everything was made out of snails, including cups of tea, which I needn't have worried about because there IS NO FUCKING TEA ANYWHERE IN FRANCE) tonight, as I am currently sat in a hotel by myself for the express purpose of catching up the blog and the email and the twittering I've missed whilst I've been away. But then I got back from the trip and started unpacking, at which time I reached into my bag and ended up taking a massive chunk out of my finger with the razor blade I had carelessly thrown in there with no blade guard LIKE A DUMBASS, so right now I'm typing this with my left ring finger held up in the air because it really, really, REALLY fucking hurts. It's not a good situation. I bled through three plasters (Americans: plasters = band-aids) earlier.

ANYSUCK, I'll either post about France when I can type like a normal human being without screaming every time I touch something, or I'll bat my eyelashes at StereoNinja and try to get him to type it for me with me dictating, but I suspect he'll merely laugh at that suggestion.

So, the meet up! It's this Sunday the 10th. I've reserved a table at the Green Man pub on Euston Road in London for 5 pm because it's much easier to play table games with the use of an actual table. I've never been there, but it was suggested by one of you lovely folks, I can get there via tube, and they let me book a table online without having to speak to any strangers or pretend like I know what I'm doing. I can't wait to meet you all and I'll see you Sunday!

11 comments:

Laura Mary said...

No tea?!?!?! What the....

Note to self: always carry spare teabags when visiting France!

See you sunday!

PS I had actually forgotten we have to play that sodding game! Hope you've got some alternate rules planned!

amberance said...

Also, there are right and wrong times to eat, and god help you if you're hungry at the wrong time.

I have an entire other game we can play called Cards Against Humanity. It's...it's amazing.

See you Sunday!

rudyd said...

you missed Mariage Frères one of the oldest Tea Shops in Le Marais 30 rue du Bourg-Tibourg is one great experience with wonderful tea, white jacketed servers, exquisite food and the smell of over 100 years of tea. They are all over the city of Paris.

BrownsFan said...

Snails...not just available in France. When you come back to IL I can get you some.

Meredith said...

Aren't snails in Illinois actually some kind of wurst? Snailwurst? WITH KRAUT!!!

Amber, tell me this isn't true...http://bookriot.com/2013/03/12/e-l-james-to-publish-writing-guide-a-gif-reponse/

Anonymous said...

Just thought I let you know; E.L James is writing a "How-To" Book. About how "I WROTE THIS BEST SELLING NOVEL, AND NOW YOU CAN TOO!1!!1!"

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-03-12/fifty-shades-of-greys-e-dot-l-dot-james-next-book-is-a-writers-journal

I'm extremely sorry for whatever nightmare you get from this, but I feel it needs to be said so we can all prepare ourselves.

Unknown said...

it's been 20 days! we miss you! we're all having amber withdrawal!! hope you are having a nice vacation.

Unknown said...

OOH OOH OOH!!! review this book too, plzthx?

Anonymous said...

where for art thou amberance? - Xenu

Anonymous said...

It scares me that your last post was giving a time and location to the entire interwebs and now it's been about a month since we've heard from you.. Hope you're safe.

Laura Mary said...

When I left the pub everyone was alive and well...